Because I have nothing interesting to tell you, and because the increased number of comments on these survey-type posts makes me feel popular, and because I feel certain that we all have plenty more things to bitch about, I bring you the return of Strong Dislike Monday.
1. What's irritating you these days?
2. Is there a commercial that you find more annoying than most?
3. Do you have a least favorite cliche or other tired, overused phrase?
4. What current reality show do you feel represents the most significant scourge on mankind?
5. What daily and/or household task do you most dread?
6. I bet we can all think of more terrible songs. I know I can.
Let's kick things off with my own personal annoyances:
1. Mosquitoes. Bills. Other drivers. Tyra Banks. The total lack of magically appearing groceries in my kitchen. The way that chocolate has so damn many calories.
2. I think it is Kotex that is urging me to have a happy period. I don't even have to be PMSing to be irritated by that slogan. I have also been shocked to see that they even show the happy cow commercials here in Wisconsin. Bold move, California.
3. "Just be yourself." I think this has got to be the least helpful piece of advice ever.
4. The Girls Next Door
5. Hmmmm...I despise cleaning the bathtub, but now I only have a shower stall. I do hate to clean mirrors. I never used to mind until I worked at Ann Taylor and had to clean THIRTY THREE of them every time I opened the store. Also, I refuse to dry dishes, but that is only because they can accomplish this entirely on their own if left unattended. It is the only household task that does itself.
6. I forgot before about Angry All the Time by Tim McGraw and what I do feel is surely my least favorite song, Heart's All I Wanna Do Is Make Love to You. You will never see me move so fast as I do to change the station when that song begins.
Ok, now you.