Things that are currently making me crabby:
1. Yet another “we had many qualified candidates” letter.
2. The way that it takes me an ENTIRE DAY to write a cover letter that I’ll begin to consider submitting.
3. My toilet has been running for about three hours now and making growly noises and I haven’t heard back from anyone about coming to fix it despite the fact that there seem to have been maintenance people working in my building non-stop for two weeks now.
4. Noisy maintenance people making noise all day for the past two weeks.
5. Roofers blocking my ability to park in my parking space (which, if you’ll recall was the entire reason for moving here and paying higher rent) twice in one week.
6. The roofer coming in on Monday to apologize to me, making me feel guilty for giving him the Bitchy Stare of Death while walking in from the street.
7. Women who think that women aren’t qualified to
be president on the basis that they are women. Because women are the weaker sex and too nurturing and emotional for the
job. I don’t care what you think of a
particular woman candidate, but to discount your entire gender as unqualified
is really just incomprehensible to me. (I just read on her website that she said that women are the physically weaker sex, but that was edited. Except what does physical strength have to do with a person's ability to be a strong president? Let's ask FDR.)
8. Not only is it incomprehensible, but totally inconsistent with history. Did anyone ever accuse Margaret Thatcher of being too nurturing or emotional? They called her the Iron Lady, not the Maternal Lady or the Weepy Lady.
9. There is no chocolate in my house and the free wine has not yet begun to arrive.
10. Having all of the time but none of the money necessary to go and see my new nephew.
At least Roary is there on my behalf.
(This post was not written as an excuse to insert this photo, but once I got it from Dawn, I could not help including it. Anybody want to complain? I am not too nurturing to deal with you.)