1. Kyra ran her first half-marathon this weekend! Yay, Kyra!
2. Holly ran her first (and she says, only) FULL MARATHON this weekend! Holy crap, Holly! And also, YAAAAYYYYYYY!!! Shibuya!
3. Back at my first post-college job, a bunch of us each set a weekly fitness goal (I believe mine at the time had to do with doing Tae Bo three times a week or something) write them on a chart and then meet up every Friday to report on our goals. Those of us who made our goals got to put big shiny happy face stickers on the chart. Those of us who did not had to draw a big X in the box for that week. It was simple and entirely honor system based, but it worked for us. Then someone moved into the empty office we'd been using for our meetings and threw away our chart. Boo. But in talking to another teacher, it came up about how it's difficult to motivate ourselves to work out. So I sent an email out to all of the staff about the idea of doing something like that at school and so far ten people (aside from me) have signed up. And there are maybe forty of us on staff, so it's a pretty good percentage. Hopefully the desire to avoid public shaming will help us all stay motivated. Plus, I look like a go-getter, starting my own group and all. Ha, ha! I've fooled them all!
4. Mod Cloth Indie Clothing - fun clothes and accessories by indie designers. Definitely read the reviews. Thankfully, I did before ordering a dress and heeded the reviewers' advice to order a size up. Those reviewers were correct and the dress fit. (For those of you wondering, it was this one.)
5. Jennifer Knapp's comeback album, Letting Go. And Jennifer Knapp herself, for having the courage to come back to Christian music after coming out. Obviously not an easy thing to do.
6. The Eddie Izzard Death Star Canteen Lego video on YouTube. Not safe for work or around children or anybody who is offended by f-bombs. The rest of you will have a good laugh.
7. To Catch a Thief, Starring Grace Kelly and the one and only Mr. Cary Grant. Also the source of the only unidentified quote from the previous post. Probably you should watch it.