1. Being off Prednisone! I heard you, Internet, with your Prednisone Is The Suck! and I thought, "It's only four days. How bad could it be?" Oh, only about as bad as you said it was. I mean, it was dynamite for the congestion. But then there was the constant ravenous hunger, which inconveniently coincided with three snow days. The doctor told me I could gain one or two pounds of water weight, but he neglected to mention the seven pounds of Hawaiian pizza weight. Nor did he mention the pendulous mood swings that could cause me to nearly both cry and flip the bird when a driver gave me a dirty look for being in the middle of a crosswalk when she was running a stop sign to nearly run me over. (Flipping her off would have been ineffective anyway, wearing, as I was, mittens.) Also my face turned red. And really very round. Cabbage Patch-esque. But after day four, my Prednisone adventure came to an end. And after a day or two of not wanting to ingest anything except gallons and rivers of water, I've got my normal appetite back. Also my (relative) emotional stability, alabaster skin tone and facial planes. (Less good: the congestion has returned with all of its former fury.)
2. Dessert at Casa Superfantastic. Obviously you want a chardonnay with sour gummies. Duh.
3. Twizzlers Sweet & Sour Filled Twists. They are not pictured because we ate them all several days ago.
4. Yoga! You guys, I really like it! This is, I am sure, due in part to the fact that I'm kind of good at it right out of the gate. That has literally never happened to me with anything in the realm of sportiness. Mostly it's because I'm real bendy. Always have been. The sit and reach was always the only event I passed in the Presidential Fitness Test, but let me tell you sir or ma'am, I passed the hell out of the sit and reach. So while I don't have, you know, yoga skills, I do have more flexibility than the average person going for me. What I quite clearly stand to gain is a lot more strength. Because believe me when I tell you, that posing shit is hard. I love that it feels challenging while I'm doing it, but never gets miserable. And then my whole body hurts the next day, proving that I worked my muscles even harder than I'd thought. And, you guys! At the end, you get to lie still in a dark room with soothing music and relax! You HAVE TO. It's a PART OF THE WORKOUT. How did I not know about this? (Less good: my sense of balance. Gee golly, I am tippy.)
5. Raj gets home on Friday! He's been overseas for six weeks and I am beyond ready to have him back here. Unfortunately, he leaves again on Sunday, but only for California and only for a month. And we'll get to spend more than forty hours in the same zip code before then.
6. His departure on Sunday is timed so as not to overlap with the Superbowl. Thus saving me from having to choose between driving Raj to the airport or seeing the whole game. A Superbowl game which I still cannot quite believe involves the Packers!
7. West Wing Season One. I've been introducing my roommate to the show and we're making good progress through the first season. I have to say, I love it more than I remembered. Even given my continued loathing for the character Mandy. Thanks to Prednisone and Mrs. Landingham, I may have even shed a few tears. (Shut up, you. I wasn't myself and also Mrs. Landingham's boys needed their mother, OKAY?)
8. Mr. Darcy. By which I of course mean Colin Firth. A friend and I watched the entire six-hour BBC version of Pride & Prejudice on Sunday. And occasionally, we were forced to remark on how hot Colin Firth was in that movie. And whether we thought he maybe practiced his faces in the mirror. You know: angst, superiority, unbidden love, smolderingly handsome, and so on.
Your turn, Internet. Tell me something good.