So, apparently it's been a whole week since I posted anything. Grad school, man. Huge time suck. Also mental energy, particularly as it concerns stringing words together in ways that may be construed as interesting and effective. I do hate to neglect you though, so here are some words sort of barely strung together. For you!
1. If at all possible, you want to marry someone who will at least occasionally make blueberry muffins from scratch on a Saturday morning. Especially if said muffins have a lime zest glaze.
2. I'm becoming that which I've despised. Specifically, those people on House Hunters who require a gas stove and space for entertaining. We have an electric stove here and my dislike of it is burning (like everything I'm supposed to bring to a boil and then simmer because the burner doesn't actually cool off when turned down). And while I always question whether the We like to entertain! people really do entertain all that often, we're averaging someone to dinner at least once a week, I'm hosting the officers' wives social for Raj's squadron this month, we're having a Halloween party and will have a big party here once Raj promotes. And we plan to host Thanksgiving for anybody who wants to come. So it was right thoughtful of Uncle Sam to provide us an oak laminate dining table that expands to seat eight. And an American style full size oven. (I do not require granite and stainless or bedrooms the size of football stadiums. However, if all of my kitchens could come with an olden timey rotary dial phone, I'd be in favor of that.)
3. Next weekend, I'm running a half marathon. My longest training run to date? Eight miles. So...yeah. May be a little bit rough. After it, I'm planning on another hiatus from distance running. I plan to restart the Stew Smith 3-5 mile speedwork plan and unless/until I start work, continue going to a TRX class at the gym which has kicked my ass the past two weeks. As well as yoga once a week, because if there's anything that going weeks without doing yoga teaches me, it's that my tight and angry muscles really want me to do yoga once a week.
4. I heard from the middle school that my substitute paperwork was almost done and I should hear something in the next few days! That was roughly twelve hours before the government shut down. I'm guessing the person responsible for finishing the last bits of my paperwork has been furloughed, because it's been crickets ever since.
5. Here's a picture from the beginning of my run the other night: