It's been a frustrating week, Internet. So it felt like time for another Friday Love List to get myself into a more Pollyanna state of mind.
1. Ingrid Michaelson's new album, Lights Out came out on Wednesday. I was able to buy and download it in about two minutes from my kitchen while baking cookies. I love living in the future.
2. Sunshine! We are having beautiful weather these days in Okinawa and I'm doing my best to get out and enjoy it before we're back to perpetual crazy stupid heat and humidity.
3. Spinach artichoke quinoa casserole. The missing word in the name of it is cheese, which it's full of, thank goodness.
4. Godiva chocolate coffee. You guys. Seriously. I had told Raj that we didn't need to do Valentine gifts this year, but then he saw the coffee when he was at the exchange around that time and got it for me. It's the gift that's still giving (me delicious coffee).
5. In this interview, Mindy Kaling calls herself an "avid slow jogger" which is just a perfect way of phrasing it. Me too, Mindy Kaling, me too. I also enjoyed the book she suggests there, What I Talk About When I Talk About Running.
6. The ability to laugh about having perhaps the stupidest injury ever. I've got a knot around the top of my left shoulder blade that's giving me a lot of trouble. I'd been thinking it was a holdover from practice last Sunday, but I'm realizing it's not. At least not directly. I think it's the result of reading and typing while sitting in a weird position to avoid putting pressure on the sore left side of my butt. Yup.
7. This guy, who should be home soon-ish, though still not soon enough for my taste, i.e., right this very minute.
I do feel a bit better already. But you could help improve my mood further by telling me some things you love this week. Or in general.