Bullet-point your whole day
So, I'm not back to work yet because of a paperwork thing with DoDEA human resources that I probably shouldn't get into. Basically, I ended up having to start the application process over for the job I already had and am now waiting for approval, which could take a while. Hence the lack of work.
I wrote this post yesterday, mapping out how I assumed my day would go. Except yesterday afternoon/evening it became clear that in addition to a star sapphire pendant and earrings, Raj had also given me his head cold for my birthday. So after a crappy night's sleep, my day ended up being slightly less productive than planned:
- Wake up at 6 when Raj's alarm goes off. Be awake on and off beginning at 2am when the Nyquil wears off.
- Go back to sleep.
- Get out of bed around 7. Give up and get out of bed around 8. Rinse sinuses.
- COFFEE. And breakfast. (These paleo banana muffins which are my new favorite breakfast ever. The combination of spices - cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger - makes them so delicious. I add chopped pecans and two of these muffins keep me full all morning.)
- Go to the gym to use the rowing machine. HA!
- Shower. Become presentable. Get dressed. Put hair in ponytail.
- Let the exterminators in at 10 and vacate the premises for at least two hours. They show up at 9:55, only five minutes early, as opposed to the usual 15. Today, for the first time, they ask me to wait outside while they spray so I can lock up after. Sit in car in the jeans I wore in case I had to waste time at the library where it's always cold. Sweat and sweat and sweat.
- Go to the post office to return the world's most unflattering dress to Old Navy. The system for generating a prepaid address label had a drop-down box for state, which doesn't include Armed Forces Pacific as an option and it won't accept the usual work around of California. Drive to the new mall and attempt to return items to the store. Except they only take returns from Old Navy Japan. Foiled again.
- Drive to Camp Foster. Drop ball gown off for dry cleaning.
- Go to legal to get some things notarized. Discover that Legal Assistance is no longer in the Legal Services building. Drive to other building, despite the fact that this throws off carefully planned circuit around the base because it's almost 11 and a lot of these offices close for lunch at 11:30 so you should go there first.
- Backtrack across the base to the Exchange. Purchase such thrilling items as toilet paper and sinus rinse packets.
- Go to the library. Check out too many books. Read until it's ok to go home. No need to waste time. Just grocery shop and go home.
- Stop at the commissary because OF COURSE. What would a day of your life be without at least one trip to the commissary?
- Go home, put away groceries, and eat lunch - leftover garlic-herb marinated salmon with slow-roasted chili lime cauliflower plus a banana - while watching the rest of the episode of Foyle's War on Netflix started yesterday.
- Receive home delivery of Sudafed from handsome doctor on his way between meetings.
- Load and start dishwasher.
- Read. Update blog post. Shower and become presentable.
- Haircut! (Just a trim.)
- Unload dishwasher. Fold and put away laundry forgotten in the dryer yesterday.
- Make hummus-crusted chicken over homegrown squash for dinner.
- Eat dinner with Raj while watching an episode of Gilmore Girls. (After we got Netflix, we made a deal: I'd watch all of Star Trek if he'd watch all of Gilmore Girls. I did not realize this would entail all of every series of Star Trek. I'm going to need to choose another show, or two or three. We alternate episodes and I'll run out way before he does.)
- Clean up the kitchen.
- Read/work on blog posts/check Facebook, Pinterest, and other blogs while Raj listens to virology lectures. Go directly from dinner to bed. At 8:15.
- Brush teeth, wash face, rinse sinuses. Take Benadryl in fervent hope that it will last longer than last night's Nyquil.
- Sleep. *fingers crossed*