Post 30 facts about yourself
Oh good grief. What could there possibly be to know about me that I haven't already covered?
- I am not quite 5'6.
- Long-waisted though, with disproportionately short legs.
- I recently discovered that I like spinning. The exercise bike class, not creating my own yarn.
- I continue to like yoga.
- I continue to be unable to manage Warrior 3 in yoga class.*
- If I had to pick a favorite cheese, I'd have to go with goat cheese. Then sharp cheddar, followed by bleu and fresh mozzarella.
- I think if I had to pick a last meal, I'd go with margherita pizza and yellow cake with chocolate frosting. Plus champagne.
- I've lived in six different states.
- I've been to 38 states.
- I still need to get to Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
- I've been to 18 countries, aside from the U.S.
- 19 if you count Belgium, which I rode the train through. I mean, I was technically in Belgium. But I don't think it really counts. I didn't even get a waffle.
- Barring a typhoon or other unforeseen circumstance, we'll go to Taiwan next month so then I'll have a legit 19th.
- Though technically I've also been in Taiwan before and not only to the airport. Also to the hotel right next to the airport to spend the night on our layover from Vietnam. They had a really excellent breakfast buffet.
- Almost every new movie I've seen in the past three years has been on an airplane.
- I can't sleep so I just watch lots and lots of movies on very long flights.
- I'm not usually that into superhero movies, but they're good for passing time on a plane. Especially if they're about or involve Thor.*
- I like the aisle seat because I have a pathological need to not inconvenience anyone and will come very uncomfortably close to peeing myself before I'll ask someone to move so I can get up.
- This coming Wednesday will be the 10th birthday of this website. Holy crap. I never imagined I'd keep this up for a decade.
- A few people who used to read and comment had their own blogs that they've since stopped updating. That felt like losing friends.
- I think the first blog I really started reading was Amalah, which is still my favorite one.
- I just now realized that I never put up a blogroll when I redesigned the blog way back...whenever I did that. A while ago.
- I will probably not remember to do it soon either. By the time I finish this post I'll be off to bed.
- I sleep on the right side of the bed.
- I didn't really give Raj a choice about taking the left side. He used to sleep on the right side, back before he was sharing with me, and blames this for the way that he takes over my side if I get up to use the bathroom. I think he's just seeking heat.
- I get kind of inordinately excited about hotel robes.
- And while I never take a bath at home, if there's a big tub in my hotel room, I will be in it. Probably because hotel tubs are cleaner than my own.
- Sometimes when I'm cooking, I put on a Pandora opera station. Then I feel fancy.
- More often, I listen to stations based on Ingrid Michaelson or Pink.
- I googled to find out if it's "Pink" or "P!nk" (results are divided) and of course immediately fell down a rabbit hole of biographical information. Perhaps it's time to step away from the internet.
I'm sure there's a way of including these photos right inside the list without throwing off the numbering but it wasn't immediately apparent and I'm on a lot of cold medicine, so they are footnotes instead.
*Warrior 3 - My white whale.