What are your goals for the next 30 days?
1. Finally finish All the Light We Cannot See for my book club. It's very well written, but I'm having a hard time getting through it.
2. Do not eat the Halloween candy before the trick-or-treaters arrive. (I bought a bag of Skittles and Starbursts in an effort to keep myself out of it. Because let's be honest, if I'd bought the bag of Kit Kats, Whoppers, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, and Hershey bars I was considering, there would be only Hershey bars left by Saturday.)
3. Get in good enough shape to run the 5k color run I'm registered for on November 21st in a respectable amount of time. Yep, I've let myself get far enough out of shape to have to worry about getting through a 5k.
4. Host a successful Thanksgiving potluck with the neighbors.
5. Do not overeat (too egregiously) at said Thanksgiving potluck.
6. See the new James Bond movie. Sounds like Daniel Craig isn't especially thrilled to still be James Bond, but I'll be glad to watch him all the same.
7. Figure out what to get Raj for Christmas and our anniversary. When you live in the middle of the Pacific, holiday shipping deadlines sneak up on you.
8. Finish going through stuff to pull out things to donate. Then donate all the things. We both did clothes already and there's a towering pile of cast-offs taking up half the guest room.
9. Resume gainful employment? Hopefully?